Hello people of the world,
Welcome to my blog! My name is Maybelle Alvarez, but you can call me May. I am from the United States and I will be an exchange student in Switzerland for a whole year. Follow my journey through reading my posts. I will post every Monday, so be sure to check back to see what I'm up to.

Monday, July 13, 2015

30 days until Switzerland


Hello People of the World,

           Happy May Monday! Currently, I am in bed looking back at all that has happened this week. I was actually pretty productive, so today I'm pretty tired. Also, since this week was eventful, expect a long post. Here is an overview of what has happened in the past week.

Drumroll Please

Tuesday:

Tuesday, I woke up very early to go to the dentist. Usually I'm an early bird, but I hate the dentist, so that day, I was not a morning person. They explained to me what they were going to do before they put me to sleep. They hooked me up to a bunch of machines, and I felt like I was in a Grey's Anatomy episode. After the surgery, I was very groggy and tired. I went home and slept a lot. My mom would come check in on me occasionally.Of course, I want to believe that I looked like Sleeping Beauty while I was sleeping but in reality I probably looked something similar to this

Wednesday:

I was very tired. My mouth was numb. It felt so weird having a tooth missing. I felt like I was a little kid with a missing tooth, except this time it's permanently gone and it's never going to grow back. The dentist said I'll get a replacement once I come home from Switzerland. Since I couldn't eat hard food, my diet consisted of ice cream, jello, and pudding. It would hurt to smile and laugh, so everywhere I went people would think I was sad or mad. 
So when people would joke I would be like

Thursday:

Thursday, I went out to Big Sur. For those of you that don't know, Big Sur is a town on the coast of California. The views are absolutely breathtaking. I went walking on a little trail and I couldn't believe how pretty it was. Here's some pictures



Friday:

Friday I honestly didn't do much except freak out over the fact that I was going to a One Direction concert the next day. My emotions can be captured in this gif

Saturday:

This was it the day I was looking forward to the most. The day of my One Direction concert. I live about an hour and a half away from the stadium they were performing at, Levi Stadium. We left around three and for to the stadium around four. Since we went somewhat early we beat traffic, and it was fairly easy to find our way to the stadium. Levi Stadium has a capacity around 60,000, so you can imagine how many people were there. It was very sweet of my friend to give me a free ticket as a going away present.
Here is my friends and I on the way to our concert
I couldn't believe how big the stadium was. It was also pretty new, so it was very clean and organized.
I took this picture of the stadium when I walked in
First off was One Direction's opening act, Icona Pop. You may know them from their popular single "I Love It" featuring Charlie XCX. They were fairly good. They played some songs to pump up the crowd for One Direction. I didn't take photos of Icona Pop because I wanted to save my battery for One Direction. If you want to check them out, I'd recommend to check out their latest single "Emergency" because it's very catchy. 


During the show, I was sitting on the very side of the stage so I had a good view of the main stage and a bit of back stage. While waiting for the boys to come on, I intently watched backstage because it intrigued me what goes on behind the scenes. I notice Liam Payne(a member of the group)'s parents walking toward the floor. Other girls took notice and started screaming their heads off.
Here is Liam's parents walking to the floor featuring the heads of girls going hysterical.
So I thought that they would be sitting on the floor since after all they are the reason for one of the band member's existence. Instead, security guided them to MY SECTION. They sat ten rows in front of me. Everyone in my section was going crazy. So many girls rushed to them to try to get pictures. The parents were starting to get mobbed. It was really sad to see. Thankfully security was good and kept teenage girls from shoving cameras in their faces. The show hadn't started yet, so Liam's parents were taking pictures or the crowd and waving to fans on the floor.

Liam's mom and dad waving to fans
Liam's dad taking pictures of the stadium
From the photos, you can see security guarding Liam's parents. I wanted to do something for Liam's parents, but I didn't want to disturb them. So I called over a man that was selling churros. I asked him if I bought a churro if he would deliver it to "the couple on the in the first row on the left". This guy obviously didn't know they were Liam's parents, and probably thought security was there to not allow people on the floor, so he agreed to it. He made his way over to them, and talked to security and explained the situation. Security let him through. The look of Liam's dad face when he was handed a churro was priceless because he was so confused. The churro guy explained to them that the churro was complimentary of me, and pointed to me. Liam's parents turned to me and started waving and mouthed thank you.
The churro guy on his way to Liam's parents
Liam's mom looking at me and Liam's dad about to wave(sorry it's shaky I was waving back)
So now on to the actual show. The boys were a tad late to the show they showed up at like nine. Nevertheless, the show was beyond incredible. I had so much fun. I sang and danced my heart out. They had fireworks and the special effects were cool. They were so to interact with the crowd and make everyone feel apart of the show. This was my third time seeing these boys perform, and they never disappoint. This was such a great going away present.

The stage featuring the fireworks

Louis Tomlinson on the big screen
The four boys on the catwalk

Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson

Harry Styles on the big screen
The four boys on the B stage
The show ended around 11. My friends and I sat in different sections but we had a meeting spot that we agreed on before the show, so it was pretty easy to find them. Then we walked over to the pick up lot where we would meet my mom. She went to the movie theatre while we were watching the show, but she got caught in traffic. You need to remember there were thousands of people that attended the show, so you could only imagine the traffic. After waiting for about two hours, my mom finally made it to pick us up. We made it home around three in the morning. I was so exhausted, but the night was memorable.

Sunday:

I slept in to about twelve. Yes, this is pretty normal for most teenagers, but I usually get up pretty early like seven or eight, and I rarely sleep in. I spent my day trying to relive the previous night through looking through pictures and videos I had taken from the concert. 

So I looked something similar to this

Today:

Today I worked more on my German. I'm almost done with what is required to complete. Of course I will not stop once I finish Level 1 of German since I need to learn all the German I can. As you can tell by the title, in 30 days I will be in the country of Switzerland. I'm very excited. Today I received my AFS luggage tags in the mail and the paper that tells me what to do when I get off the plane. It all is coming so fast. I just need to get my last physical done.I also need to start sorting out my clothes and start seriously thinking of how I'm going to pack. 

I think this is where I'm going to sign off. I hope you all enjoy the remaining hours of your Monday and the rest of your week. I'll be back to update for another May Monday!


Until then....
Auf Wiedersehen (for non German speakers that means goodbye)

-May

No comments:

Post a Comment