Hello people of the world,
Welcome to my blog! My name is Maybelle Alvarez, but you can call me May. I am from the United States and I will be an exchange student in Switzerland for a whole year. Follow my journey through reading my posts. I will post every Monday, so be sure to check back to see what I'm up to.

Monday, July 27, 2015

16 Days Until Switzerland

Hello People of the World,

         Happy May Monday! Currently I am sitting on a couch watching Criminal Minds. This week has been quite eventful be ready to read about it in

Tuesday:

This day was incredibly fun! I went shopping! I received my birthday money early since many people wanted to be sure I got the money before I left. For the first time I shopped to the point where I got tired from carrying bags. This rarely happens because I either 1.)have no money, 2.)only buy one or two things or 3.)buy things online. Since back to school shopping is coming up, some good sales came up which made me even more happy. 


Wednesday:

This was the day of my 5 Seconds of Summer concert. My last concert of the summer! I'd had the tickets for about a year, so I was beyond excited when the day finally arrived. We left rather early because we were hoping to beat traffic. We got stuck in traffic for a while with other people who also wanted to beat traffic. We eventually made it to the amphitheater.

I really liked the opening act, Hey Violet. Usually I check out the opening act before I go to the concert so I at least am somewhat familiar with their music. I was pretty pleased with their sound. A lot of people didn't really acknowledge them or give them much of a chance which I find sad because you paid money for the ticket might as well enjoy the whole show not just the main act.
This is Hey Violet performing

5 Seconds of Summer was fabulous as I predicted they would be. This show really opened my eyes. So many people were videotaping this show with their smartphones. It was unreal. I'll be honest, at previous concerts I've been to, I've been one of these people because pictures and videos are a way to make memories everlasting. Usually I only video a couple songs so I can watch them later. These people wouldn't put the phone down the whole time. They were basically watching the concert through the their phone or camera screens. What's the point of that? You're not really experiencing it. You're just going to go home and watch the videos on your computer or phone after the show. You could do the same thing by looking up their concerts on Youtube for free. I realized that I wasn't going to get any good footage about the third song in since so many people were holding their hands up. I had the best time watching the concert with my actual eyes. 
I took a quick picture of 5SOS taking a picture with the crowd


Thursday:

We stayed the night at a hotel on Wednesday, so we hung around the hotel for about half the day. I really liked the place of our hotel because it was near a Krispy Kreme.  Krispy Kreme is this really good doughnut shop. From there, we headed to the doctor's office for my last physical before I left to Switzerland. Then we just went home. Nothing too extraordinary happened this day.


Friday:

This was my little sister's birthday. I bought my sister a guitar for kids since she always loved to attempt to play my guitar. My sister found her guitar badly hidden in my closet a couple days before her birthday. She asked me daily if it was her birthday so I could give her guitar. When the day finally came she was ecstatic.  She was very cute playing her plastic guitar. I also baked her a cake that we decorated together.
Can you tell that my sister likes sprinkles?


Saturday:

I went to this record store in San Jose with my friend. The record store was really cool. There were a lot of vinyls of some classic band like Green Day, The Smiths, Fleetwood Mac, The Goo Goo Dolls and a lot others. We took a stop at another record shop. This record shop had a lot more vinyls that were more mainstream. They had Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, The 1975, Sam Smith and couple others. I really like vinyls. I really want a record player, but they are just very expensive. Vinyls are also expensive, well the more recent ones are. I really want to start collecting vinyls to hang on my wall and eventually buy a record player. Right now I have Ed Sheeran's album "+" in vinyl which is hanging on my wall all alone. I want to buy more of my favorite albums on vinyl to keep the Ed Sheeran one company
But then in reality


Sunday:

I was very lazy Sunday. I stayed sitting on a couch the whole day watching a variation of TV shows and movies. This day was uneventful but it's okay because honestly I'm not the type of person to want to be up and going 24/7. I like my lazy days.


Today:

Today I went to the shopping outlets. We went to Hot Topic. I absolutely love Hot Topic because they have such cool merchandise. I especially love the little POP Figures they sell. I find them so adorable. My friend bought a dancing Groot which is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.(I'm sorry to those who haven't watched Guardians of the Galaxies and don't understand my Groot reference.) Later we went to the pet store to go buy some food for my friend's snake. 
This is my friend's snake looking very hungry


Upcoming News:

My departure date just keeps getting closer and closer. In 13 days, my journey will begin. In 16 days, I will be officially in Switzerland. I'm starting to get all packed and it's starting to feel more real by the second. In other news, next Thursday is my birthday! I will finally turn 16. I'm going to have like a birthday/goodbye party which will be nice. Need to start planning that more thoroughly. 

I'm getting pretty tired, so this is where I will be signing off.  I hope you all enjoy the remaining hours of your Monday and the rest of your week. I'll be back to update for another May Monday!

Until then....


-May

No comments:

Post a Comment